Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome?

I decided to bite the bullet and start this blog at the urging of a friend. I follow some other cooking blogs, but the challenge myself and my boyfriend face is our lifestyle. We live in a small town in Wyoming, the smallest town in the Lower 48. We live out on a ranch with our 4 dogs, and 6 laying hens. We are both hunters. I myself am new to this whole hunting thing, and after my first hunting season last year, I am HOOKED. My first year hunting elk, and I was fortunate enough to get a beautiful cow elk. 300 yard shot with my .270. I will never forget that experience, but along with that, the mixture of emotions. My man also got an elk- a nice raghorn bull. This was a very successful hunting season for us, and left us with a lot of wonderful meat! Cooking with wild game is, in a lot of ways, very different and very similar to cooking with beef. It is a learning process for me, for both of us, to utilize this wonderful meat and incorporate it into some healthy, delicious, easy, and budget friendly dishes. Being that we both work full time, this is often a challenge. We have also recently taken on a new "lifestyle", based on paleo/primal. We have eliminated most carbs, althought we do allow a "cheat" every now and then. We avoid processed foods as much as possible, and rarely drink pop. I will compile some recipes and pictures to post on here soon, and get this thing rolling! Hopefully also some explanation on wild game processing and making sausages, jerky, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment